Saturday, May 28, 2011

How easy is it for you to promote yourself?

Please help me research a book on self-promotion.  I would so appreciate it if you would answer the following questions in the comment section below.  This questionnaire is highly unscientific and you may leave an anonymous answer and I will not identify you in any way.  However, your experience would be so very helpful to me.  I am not looking for promotional tips, as they are all over the internet.  I am looking for the presence or absence of blocks to putting yourself out there.  Many thanks in advance.

1.  Male ____   Female _______

2.  Please describe in a word or two whether you are an entrepreneur, artisan, practitioner needing to acquire clients, business owner, other?  To what degree does your success depend on promoting yourself?

3.  On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the most difficult, 10 being the absence of difficulty, rate the ease you feel in putting yourself out there on a day to day basis and saying, I have what you need, hire me, buy from me, listen to me.

4.  If you feel blocked when it comes to promoting yourself, do you have any sense of the origin of the block:  you never received encouragement as a child, your culture and/or social environment frowns on women speaking up for themselves, you are an introvert, you are afraid of rejection, you find it embarrassing, other?

5.  If you feel comfortable promoting yourself, do you have any sense of where this ease originated in you: I've never thought of it, just easy to do, I've always received encouragement and support for my endeavors; I'm an extrovert; it just makes sense.

6.  If promoting yourself is difficult, what helps you do it:  Nothing-I can't do it, therapy, a mentor, I hire someone to do it for me, other.

7.  On a scale of 1-10, please rate your confidence in your abilities and talent, one being no confidence, 10 being abundant confidence.

8.  If you would like to, I'd appreciate your amplifying what it is like for you to promote yourself.

Many, many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment